How do you sell your collaborative robot with vacuum lift solution in a global pandemic stationed in Slagelse? It is done online as so much else. An investment in a professional setup for web presentation of the robot and the tools, a local invention which has boosted the sales international. Just in 3 months Cobot Lifts revenue has exceeded last year’s total sales revenue and there is potential for even more.
Cobot lift has opened a sales window from Industrivej in Slagelse to the whole world. With a professional setup for online meetings and demonstrations of the company’s robot technology has made it possible for Cobot Lift to increase their revenue considerably through contact with new costumers from all over the world. Till this day they have a network of distributors in 27 countries.
Cobot Lift stands behind a unique invention which is increasing the payload from 10 til 45kg. The technology makes it possible to combine the power from a vaccumlifter with a robot arm from Universal Robot (UR). The vaccumlifter gives at the same time new opportunities to automate handling of items which can be difficult to lift such as sacks. The tool which is UR Plus Certified is not only interesting for industrial companies but opens up for new possibilities in other applications as well where heavy and frequently used lifting motions is a part of the job.
At Industrivej Cobot Lift has a showroom, where they have succeeded with many demonstrations of their robot technology, likewise as fares has been an important sales channel.
– “There wasn’t that much in the first few months, but we could feel a big interest through LinkedIn, where we post many videos. And when we participated in a webinar with Universal Robots, which at the moment had over 100 participants from 17 different countries it gave is a seriously boost in our online activities” says CEO and Co-founder Henrik Elm Gulløv.
Live demos is a strong channel
To create the best online experience, Cobot Lift took contact to OpenBox in Vemmelev.
– “We have previously helped Cobot Lift with implementing a It-strategy. In this case they wanted to create an extraordinary experience for customers while livestreaming. It resulted in an interesting setup, which among others also could drag use of” says Kristian Kamper, Co-owner of OpenBox.
– “What we have done for Cobot Lift is, that we installed more cameras and sound systems so the customer can experience the robot from various ancles and follow its movements close up. Cobot Lift controls the camera ancles which is securing a high quality in the demonstration,” says Kristian Kamper.
Each week Cobot Lift hosts at least 5 online meetings with distributors and costumers from all over the world.
– “Live demos are an incredible strong channel. It enables us to give a total insight of the product and close deals online. In three months, we have reached the same revenue as we did for the whole last year,” says Henrik Elm Gulløv and adds:
– “The market has changed, the trust in digital channels has increased even higher and our professional setup has been a very good investment”.
On top of the first corona stomach punch, the activity level at Cobot Lift, which has 12 employees is higher than ever. At the same time the new increased online activities have opened up for more possibilities.
– “Till now, we have primarily worked on the hardware, but from now on, we will also focus on software and bet even more on services which can be remotely controlled. That’s why we have just hired a programmer from France”.
However, Cobot Lift is managing and exploiting their digital sales window, they are looking forward to a more open world again.
– “We are looking forward to participate in fares again, with that said we reach and meet more people that way. We are also registered in The World exhibition in Dubai, so now we must wait and see when it can be held,” says Henrik Elm Gulløv.
If you want to read the article in danish kindly click on the bottun below – Slagelse Erhvervscenter.
(The article is written by Mette N. from Slagelse Erhvervscenter and translated by Deniz M).